When it comes to painting one’s house, it takes a lot of time and effort. A spray gun not only helps cut down the time it needs to paint the house, but it also helps take some of the efforts out of it. The Wagner 052986 Flexio 2000 HVLP is one of the best on the market.
Wagner Flexio 2000 – Overview
Wagner Flexio 2000 has an x-boost dial that has 2 different settings. It allows for thicker and thinner materials to be run through the sprayer. The nozzle here is an iSpray nozzle, so it can be used inside on the walls and ceilings of the house but also outside on the house’s siding. Also it can handle up to 1-1/2 quarts, and this amount covers a wall that is 10 feet by 12 feet. The technology of Wagner Flexio 2000 allows for the material spray to be adjusted using a number system. The sprayer is made out of 5 simple parts that can easily be pulled apart to clean it thoroughly and put back together with its lock-n-go features.
There are some very common performance issues that Wagner Flexio can have, and they are all ones that can be easily fixed.
The first thing to check if the machine is not spraying is if the spray tip to open. Now, that may seem weird to check, but people forget to change it all the time. It is also important to make sure it is fully plugged in. One of the other things prevents device from spraying is if the filter that is within it is clogged.
There are a few things that can cause the stain sprayer to leak. One of the things is if the dump washer or atomizer valve is loose, which can be fixed by tightening them down. Another thing is if the sprayer’s seal is loose when the appliance has been used for many years.
When Wagner Flexio is not prime, it is possible a sign of some clogging within it. The clogs can be found in the nozzle or the outlet and inlet valves. It can be fixed by simply cleaning those parts and making sure they are always cleaned after completing your work.
Air Coming Out
This happens frequently when the tank starts to run out of the dye, and it often makes When Wagner Flexio is not prime, a sign of some clogging within it may seem to belch suddenly. It can ruin even staining, but it is prevented by simply keeping an eye on the tank to make sure it does not get low.
It happens because the inlet or outlet valve has become clogged. The other reason – the nozzle becoming clogged. All these troubleshooting can be fixed by giving it a very thorough cleaning. If the paint being used is very heavy, the pressure is bound to be lower than normal.
Recommend or Not
Wagner Flexio 2000 is highly recommended because the cons that are attached to device are very easy to fix, and the pros outweigh the cons. The features on this item, such as the amount of material it can hold and the type of nozzle it has, make this a great pick over many other sprayers that can be found on the market.
Pros and Cons
- Shorter Staining Time. Using Wagner Flexio 2000 gets the job done much quicker than painting with a brush or roller. One pass with a sprayer equals 3 to 4 passes with a brush or roller. The average person can shave 15 to 30 seconds off their time every time they make a pass with it.
- Get More Done. With quicker paint time, there is more time allowed to do other things that need to be done: the whole house can be painted in one day with there still possibly being time to move the furniture into the house or do other things.
- Dries Fast. The paint dries a lot faster when it is applied to the surface with a sprayer then what it is when applied with a brush or roller. It is recommended though to wait at least an hour before checking the paint, which is much shorter then it would be with a brush paint job.
- Even Spread. Wagner Flexio 2000 gets a very even coat to the paint because it sprays out the paint very evenly unless it somehow malfunctions. When using a brush or roller, the paint can become layered and not end up even in the end.
- Professional Look. With the paint coming out evenly, the finish to the paint gives off a very professional appearance.
- More Paint Used. Wagner Flexio tends to use more paint than what might be used when using a brush and roller. The amount of extra paint that is needed will depend on this handheld sprayer, and this power painter sprayer takes 20% more.
- Long Clean Time. Several different parts make up a sprayer, and each of these parts has to be washed thoroughly. If these parts are not washed, it can cause problems when the sprayer is next used because of clogs.
- Trickier Retouching. Retouching a paint job can be rather tricky because the sprayer needs to be used. The paint needs to be sprayed very carefully to keep that even and professional appearance.
- Backroll Required. Certain sprayers require a backroll or back brush. The paint is brushed or rolled after being sprayed on to prevent any thick spots or streaks from paint running down the surface. This can be time-consuming if there is no one to go along right behind the sprayer to do the backrolling.
- Compressor Might be Needed. A compressor is what pushes the air through the sprayer to push the paint out and onto the surface being sprayed. That means there are an additional cost and more equipment to work with to get the job done.
Does the Paint to be diluted when using an HVLP sprayer?
The paint will need to be diluted if it is being sprayed onto a smooth surface. It might also be needed if the dye being used is gel-like or viscous. If the volume of the paint appears to be low, it can be diluted for a better spray result.
How is the HLVP sprayer cleaned?
The attachment that sprays has to be removed from the turbine part of the sprayer. The extra paint that might be in the sprayer will have to be poured back into the original paint container. An appropriate cleaner will need to be used when cleaning all the parts that are exposed to the paint, which means warm water for cleaning any water-based materials.
Is a mark required when spraying?
It is always recommended that a mask is worn when working with paint. Now, when it comes to using a sprayer, a mask is a requirement because the paint is being pushed through the air. Not only is the paint being pushed through the air, but paint also gives off fumes that can be harmful to a person to breathe in long.
What is the difference between spraying and brushing on the paint?
Using a sprayer gives a more uniform application, which allows for a smooth and resistant surface when done. Also, spraying gets the job done a lot quicker than just brushing the paint onto the surface, which means it covers more surface area. Using a sprayer makes it easier to reach into corners or hard to reach areas.
How to get a professional spray finish?
It is highly recommended to always spray in a vertical direction and 10 to 30 centimeters from the surface being sprayed. If the sprayer has to be tilted, it should never be tilted more than 30 degrees either way. To get the best paint spray coverage, the paint sprays need to slightly overlap the ones that have been sprayed previously.
How are primers, varnish, wood paints, and metal paints sprayed?
Always make sure any old liquid is completely cleaned out of the sprayer. Next, always use multiple coats no matter what material is used through the paint sprayer for the best results. There is an attachment that is bought and added to the sprayer that makes it easy to spray these different materials through the paint sprayer.
Can facade color be used in the sprayer?
No, this type of sprayer is not suitable for masonry paint. None of the Wagner brands of sprayers can handle masonry paint because of the higher level of silicate that is included in the paint. That means the paint is too thick to properly be pushed through the sprayer without causing many different problems.
What does the HVLP mean on this sprayer?
The HVLP letters stand for High Volume Low Pressure. The air that is pushed through the sprayer is done using high volume, and this allows for more droplets of the material are pushed through. So there is less amount of paint spray.
While some minor problems can happen when using this sprayer, it is still a great choice when buying one. All of the issues are the same ones that can come up with any sprayer, and they are easy to fix. The pros of this product far outweigh the cons, so this is the sprayer to go with.